Appy Chat & Giveaway
Developer: The Melody Book
With The Melody Books CEO Dana Morgan
When did you decide to develop this app?
We’ve been thinking of developing an app that teachers about music and culture from all over the world for about 2 years, but we only started really working on it this past summer.
When did you first release this app?
Jazzy World Tour was released last month. We released a full version with all countries, which we’ll be adding to periodically. Soon after that, we released a free version of the app which comes with one country (Brazil) and each additional country is 99 cents.
How long did it take you to develop this app?
We’ve worked on the app since last Summer, but not exclusively. The intense work was mostly from January until the release.
What is your favourite feature?
My favorite feature would have to be the CREATE page. You can create different scenes in the different countries and turn them into photos or videos. Then you can save your creation to the TRAVEL BOOK or share them on the different social media channels. I think this feature is much like a sticker album, which is something that I loved as a kid.
What skills were you hoping to help the end user to develop?
Jazzy World Tour is a great app for learning about music instruments, geography, animal wildlife, flags and culture. However, there is so much more to get from this app. It develops creativity and fine motor skills, as well as reading and vocabulary.
What age range would this app most suit?
We recommend Jazzy World Tour for ages 3-8. However, we’ve seen 2 year olds enjoy the colorful pages as well as 10 year old kids who enjoy learning about the different facts on the LEARN page. In fact, many parents who used the app with their kids have mentioned that they learned a thing or two about the countries we feature.
Are any new updates coming soon?
We’ll be adding countries to Jazzy World Tour very soon, stay tuned!
Join our two kittens on a magical journey as they travel the world in a hot air balloon. Visit Brazil, Spain, India, Australia and more, as we explore each country’s unique music and culture. Play the different musical instruments with interactive fun pages filled with entertaining sounds and vivid illustrations. From the sandy pyramids of Egypt to the
wildlife of Kenya, Jazzy World Tour is an adventure that is sure to broaden your child’s horizon.
– Your kids will learn smart facts about musical instruments, animals and culture. They will broaden their knowledge of Geography and Social Studies from around the globe.
– Create your own amazing videos and photos. Save them in the travel book or share your creations for FREE. No need to register and pay for downloads (video is not available for iPad 1).
– Colorful, animated and interactive illustrations that children love.
– Easy and simple touch navigation.
– This app has proven to be challenging and fun for kids ages 3 to 8.
– Even parents will learn a thing or two about the different countries presented. Share the learning experience with your child!
– This app will teach your kids and keep them engaged for hours of happy learning. Perfect for classroom or homeschool students.
– Listen to quality audio samples and music, recorded by professional musicians.
– Learn, Play and Create page for each country.
– This download comes with all countries for one low price!
The Melody Book is an award winning software development company. Our aim is to educate the next generation through interaction with music.
Released: April 17, 2013
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
Website: The Melody Book
Facebook Page: The Melody Book
Pinterest: The Melody Book NYC
You Tube: The Melody Book’s channel
App: Jazzy World Tour – Musical Journey for Kids
Giveaway until June 23, 2013:
Enter ‘HERE’ (a rafflecopter giveaway)