Would you like to know WHO The Appy Ladies are ? *drum roll*
- Hi, I’m Wendy Marshall, I’m a mum of two active boys (aged 6 & 7 1/2yrs) and a speech pathologist. I use apps and technology in a range of different ways, and I am very excited to be a part of The Appy Ladies. I hope to help bring insight and tips on how to use apps for a range of educational purposes with our kids – helping to make learning fun and motivating for kids and their families.
- Hi, I am A Taylor, mom to two sons, 8 and 5- one diagnosed with autism, one with ADHD and global developmental delay, most likely on the spectrum. I am also a SLPA (speech language pathology assistant) working with Pre-K -5th graders, many with special needs.
- Hiya! I am Christine Horvath. I am a pediatric occupational therapist and mom to a creative and rambunctious 3 year old boy. I have over 20 years of experience working in a variety of settings (private clinics, public/private schools, hospitals, early intervention) and tend to specialize in utilizing a sensory integrative approach. I became “app-dicted” last year when a school district gave me an iPad to use and I am proud of it! I LOVE all the new avenues the iPad and apps bring to my therapy. These days I cant decide which is more fun – finding a new app to use in therapy or being able to share about it with others so I am so happy to be a part of this group!
- Hi, I am Fiona Allen. I am a mum and a Grandma who works in a special school setting with students aged from 5 to 18 years with mild to very high special needs as the I.C.T. Manager. I love technology, especially the iPad and how it can enhance the life of all children.
- I’m Christie Dwyer, a certified elementary school teacher who is temporarily retired from the classroom to be a SAHM to my 2 young children.
- Alison Cantwell Lyons, a stay at home Mum of two amazing boys on the autism spectrum aged 10yrs and 8yrs, homeschooler, Cancer survivor, wife. If parents of special needs kids ‘feel’ supported then their children will do well. Advances in technology, especially iOS devices is superb in this regard, and it can be astounding the progress that people with disabilities can have.
- Sarah DeBellis is a mother of 6 children aged 18 months to 10 years. Before motherhood, she was a special ed teacher, spending the last few years of her career as an education advisor for assistive technology. She loves to investigate good educational apps and how they can be used by parents and teachers to help children learn.
- Hello I am Veronika Walshe and I am a stay at home mum to 3 children, one with Down Syndrome and the other mild and on the Spectrum.
Would you like to know WHY we started The Appy Ladies ?
We are a group of ladies, with various backgrounds and interests, who have a passion for apps and information and want to share our knowledge and experience. Our aim is to provide information and reviews of apps already on the market and apps just released, in a fun and friendly environment.
We will be talking directly to the developers, passing on feedback, in return we hope to have plenty of giveaways and lots of information to help your children be the best they can be.