When did you decide to develop this app?
We wanted to develop a series of apps that help children learn to read, so this fifth app, “Word Family Sorts HD” is the next step after a child has mastered blending letter sounds using the “Sound Sort Blends” game. In this fun educational game, the child matches the pictures to the words shown on top and bottom of screen.
When did you first release this app?
April 14, 2012
How long did it take you to develop this app?
What is your favourite feature?
The app is easy and fun to navigate for children and visually engaging.
What is your favourite page in the app?
It’s fun for kids to play a short “Match Game” after completion of all levels.
What skills were you hoping to help the end user to develop?
Skills learned helps associate word family sets.
What age range would this app most suit?
“Word Family Sorts HD” is the next step after a child has mastered blending letter sounds using the “Sound Sort Blends” game. In this fun educational game, the child matches the pictures to the words shown on top and bottom of screen.
* Developed by a kindergarten teacher and reading specialist.
* Easy to learn educational game for children ages 3-6.
* Game helps children build pre-reading skills.
* Child needs to master blending letter sounds using “Sound Sort Blends” game.
* Child will match pictures to word family sets.
* Skills learned helps associate word family sets.
* All game play levels are saved so child can easily resume play.
* Create up to ten user names in menu. User names can be deleted at any time.
* Twenty challenging levels with eight words and images to match for each level.
* Game designed for iPad, because of larger screen.
* Independent fun activity for kids to learn & play!
Note: NO audio help provided as this app is designed as an “independent” learning activity!
Released: April 13, 2012
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later
Giveaway until June 3, 2013: