Appy Chat and Giveaway
Developer: Kiwa Media
In Maori mythology, Taniwha are mythical water beings that live in deep pools, lakes, rivers, dark caves, or in the sea. They are often regarded by local people as protective guardians of that stretch of water or place. Aunty Bea brings this wonderful creature to life in both verse and song. In this book Taniwha befriends a little boy and invites him for a swim in the deep blue sea.
• Personalize each book with ‘this book belongs to …’ page.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Touch-to-Hear™ individual words spoken.
• Touch-to-Spell™ to hear the letters that spell each and every word.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Touch pictures to hear sounds from the environment.
• See special animation effects bringing the picture to life.
• Use the Color Palette to paint each page and save to customize your book even more,
• Includes Sing-a-long mode
Updated: 18 November 2012
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Why did you decide to develop this app?
Being a NZ company with several Maori staff its always a pleasure to work with similarly minded companies. Aunty Bea is the genuine article, a warm heartfelt storyteller and its a privilege to be able to bring her engaging work to a wider audience.
What is your favourite page in the app?
What is your favourite feature?
The new song mode, and the record yourself…especially when you get the little ones knowing the words off by heart!
When did you first release this app?
2010 and have been releasing updates as our production technology keeps evolving…along with Apples recent advances in format and resolution…
Are any new updates coming soon?
This is a brand new update and features Song Mode, which many of our customers demanded after we did the same for Willbee the Bumblebee
How long did it take you to develop this app?
Several months of working directly with the client.
What age range would this app most suit?
3-10 year olds, but ultimately all ages! As long as you know what a Taniwha is…
To enter this giveaway which will be running until the Dec 9, 2012 Enter –>