Review & Giveaway
Developer: Nanu Interactive Inc
Ever wished you could bring your pictures to life? Now you can – with Paint My Cat, the first ever app of its kind!
This is a whole new way to use your iPad and a completely unique experience! Using revolutionary Augmented Reality (AR) technology, this app is the first ever to enhance traditional pen-and-paper drawings, bringing a whole new level of interaction between your iPad and the real world. The AR feature also allows you to bring your cat and his toys to life in the world around you. This app really has the “WOW” factor!!
There are two different ways to achieve this “WOW”! Use the extensive in-app painting palette to paint the artwork in the app directly on your device. As you paint on screen, the magic wand charges until, at full power, you can wave it to trigger a magical moment where your picture transforms from 2D into an amazing 3D character!
Or, you can use markers, crayons or pencils to color our special printed pages. Then take the iPad camera and show it your work of art and bring your very own picture directly into the app, then play with it in a 3D augmented reality world.
Once you have created your cat, play with him in his virtual playroom. Stroke and tickle him, and dress him up with special accessories you can customize from his closet. Play through the game to unlock other rooms, with more content to come soon.
Get the whole family involved and have fun painting different toys and accessories for your cats to interact with. This app is fun for all ages. Show off your creativity!
● 80 colors to choose from
● 3 brush sizes
● Beautiful illustrations and artwork
● Realistic 3D physics and animation
● Stunning visual effects as your pictures come to life
● Customize your cat’s appearance with hats and accessories
● Personalize the game with your own colors and ideas
● Pick up and interact with objects in the virtual rooms
● Interact with your cat – you can poke or tickle him and see his reaction
● Develops hand eye co-ordination
● Excellent for fine motor skill development
● Gameplay is simple and kid-friendly
● Animations guide non-readers through the game
● Kid and mom tested
● Completely ad-free
● Cat makes fun sounds
● Progress is saved when you leave the app
● Erase button for when you want to start over
● Fun coloring activity for all ages
● Unique computer vision allows anyone to transfer their drawings from the real world to the iPad
Click here to download all the 17 colouring pages
Updated: 04 December 2012
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. Requires iOS 3.2 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Currently Banner Feature in the US iPad Education section of the iTunes Store
Banner Feature in the Canadian Education section of the iTunes Store
Huffington Post article
We have a Rafflecopter giveaway until December 26 ,2012