Developer: Jan Essig
BEST APP EVER AWARDS 2012 // TOP 10 Nomiee as Best Under 9 Kids Game
Recently my little daughter (4 years) was interested in the ABC. So I considered how to teach her the alphabet best. The result is this collection of 6 exercises:
The first part introduces the individual letters of the alphabet from A to Z. The letter name can be heard by touching it and it can be traced. An animal illustration might help to name the letter.
After capitals were exercised in the first step, small letters are displayed here in addition. Choose 1 of 5 (one of five) different fonts. Learn upper and lower case letters.
Write freehand in 6 colors and/or drag the previously learned letters similar to a magnetic board on the sheet. Mistakes can be corrected with an eraser – unnecessary letters can be pulled to the side to remove them. The final “message” can be photographed.
In this exercise you can write the names of 65 animals. All letters of the animal names are mixed up and must be restored to the correct order.
This exercise consists of two small activities:
• Practice which capital letter belongs to which small character – or vice versa. It all works like a jigsaw puzzle. By touching the letters their names can be heard. I think this supports to establish a connection between capital & small letters.
• In the second one, the correct sequence of the alphabet can be learned. On the top animals from ALLIGATOR to ZEBRA are lined up side by side. These include free boxes in which the initials must be sorted.
This exercise is a simple memo game with 3 game types. The pairs consist of uppercase &
(a.) uppercase [“A” + “A”]
(b.) Beast image [“A” + “Alligator”]
(c.) lowercase [“A” + “a”]
• This app is multilingual(english, german, italian, spanish, french and swedish). The languages can be changed in almost each activity. So your child will learn that “A” is for ALLIGATOR in english for AFFE in german or ABEILLE in french.
• Switch between “Initial Sounds” and “Letter names”
• Switch Font from Print Type to Handwriting
• Switch from Lower to Upper Case
• Choose one of 5 different fonts
• Reward System
• Settings as well as links are protected. This prevents that your child accidentally ends up where it should not.
• The “playing time” can be set.
• The sound can be switched on & off at any time.
• There are NO ADS & NO IN-APP-PURCHASES in this app.
Updated: April 7, 2013
Language: English, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Swedish
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Website: Jan Essig
Facebook Page: IOS App Spielplatz HD1, HD2 & HD 3
You Tube: SpielplatzHD
App: Playground 3 – ABC Edition. The kids app to learn how to read and write letters.
Giveaway until May 24, 2013: