Appy Chat & Giveaway
When did you decide to develop this app?
When the iPad came out in 2010, we were deeply convinced that tablets will change the way we learn. What if we could play and learn at the same time? What if learning could happen whenever we want, wherever we want, in small chunks of a few minutes each time? Tablets are intuitive and have the ability to eliminate the barriers between school and home, work and personal life, play and study. That’s the vision behind eduPad’s mobile apps.
When did you first release this app?
The first apps we published were iTooch 5th Grade Math and iTooch 5th Grade Language Arts in late 2010 (back then the original names were iTooch Math Grade 5 and iTooch English Grade 5).
How long did it take you to develop this app?
We went on the App Store very quickly, with a simple, intuitive and stable first version in order to know whether there was a market or not. Our apps have been featured by many blogs and downloaded thousands of times. That’s why we decided to develop our apps in-house later on instead of outsourcing it to indie developers
What is your favourite feature?
We have built an online platform that allows teachers to create great content and exercises without knowing how to code an app. On our side, we focus on the technological part of our apps, making them as simple and intuitive as possible. This why we are the only one to offer educational apps covering the official Math and Language Arts curricula for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th graders and complying with the U.S National Common Core Standards.
What skills were you hoping to help the end user to develop??
Our apps have not the ambition to replace teachers. They have been thought as a complimentary tool. They provide an easy-to-use interface for students to practice what they have learned during the day at school. Each chapter includes a lesson summary to highlight the main concepts students should know.
What age range would this app most suit?
Our apps covers the official curriculum from 3rd to 8th grade. They are thus well-suited for kids between 8 and 14.
Are any new updates coming soon?
We have a lot of stuff on our roadmap for 2013:
- By the end of February, we will publish most of our apps on Windows 8 platform.
- We are currently developing a new version of our apps on Android for Q2 2013!
- Some fresh news: we have just hit 400,000 downloads!
With more than 4,500 exercises, iTooch 5th Grade is a new and fun way of practicing and learning Maths, Language Arts and Science for 4th Graders.
✭✭✭✭✭ iTooch 5th Grade includes iTooch 5th Grade Math, one of the TOP TEN ‘Tried and True Apps’ selected by TeacherswithApps.com. ✭✭✭✭✭
Used by more than 300,000 users, iTooch apps are a full learning solution which helps parents, teachers and students to identify and address their learning needs in a fun and motivating way.
☞ ELIGIBLE FOR APPLE’S VPP & EDUCATIONAL DISCOUNTS ☜
‣ iTooch 5th Grade is intended for schools and districts: it is eligible to both Apple’s VPP and Educational Institutions discount.
‣ iTooch 5th Grade content can be evaluated before purchase in the free iTooch elementary App, which provides free access to an extract of the same content through in-app purchase.
♫ PARENTS AND KIDS LOVE OUR APPS ♫ ‣ “This app has been everything I was looking for. Multiple question types including decimal points and word problems. The ability to test the learning. And here’s the kicker: it is so much fun, I had to pull my 5th grader off of it after 2 hours!”
‣ “My son is home schooled plus goes to a charter school. This program makes it easy to supplement his schoolwork without buying a lot of books or printing worksheets. I recommend it for all parents who are committed to their children’s education.”
★ WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ★
‣ “I just downloaded your apps. Wow. They are amazing. I have been using the iPad for over a year in my class and I have to say that this is one if the best apps I have seen in a long time.”
‣ “A terrific app that covers a lot of ground concept-wise. This app combines a no-frills approach to content while still providing the user with an exciting learning experience. The mascot is adorable and keeps kids on task with lots of encouragement and there is a lesson summary available when needed.”
☀ OUR APPLICATION CONTAINS ☀
✓ 3 titles: Mathematics, Language Arts, Science
✓ 40-60 chapters per title with lessons, examples, and figures.
✓ 1,500-2,500 questions per title with clues, detailed explanations and images.
➡ iTooch 5th Grade is by far the most comprehensive educative tool on the App Store for students in 4th grade.
♖ UNIQUE SET OF FEATURES ♖ ‣ Apple Game Center integration with more than 35 unique achievements to unlock.
‣ An embedded calculator to make complex calculations
‣ A virtual blackboard that enables players to draw drafts and figures
‣ A lesson summary attached to each chapter
‣ In-app feedback to send suggestion to the author of the content straight into the app
The content of the 5th Grade app can be tested for ***FREE*** in our iTooch Elementary School App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itooch-elementary-school-math/id484570190?mt=8&uo=4
Updated: Jan 10, 2013
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/iToochApps
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/eduPadchannel
App: iTooch 5th Grade | Language Arts, Math and Science activities for 5th graders
We have a Rafflecopter giveaway until February 4, 2013