Developer: Kiwi Media
The immensely popular Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy is now available as an interactive QBook with an AUSLAN (Australian) and ASL (American) Sign Language option in addition to the wonderful narration by David Tennant (Doctor Who).
Run your fingers over the text to hear the story and touch any word to hear and see it spoken and spelt. You can even colour in pages of the story and record your own voice. Hear the barking dogs and the ferocious yowl of Scarface Claw, all part of the interactive experience, giving children and parents’ hours of fun. This is not only a marvellous story, but a superb aid for early learning and literacy development.
It was thirty years ago that a small black dog stepped out of the imagination of author and illustrator Lynley Dodd and onto the pages of a picture book. This book, Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy, is now famous the world over and the 20 titles in the Hairy Maclary and friends series have now sold more than six million copies worldwide.
Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy combines simple narrative storytelling with virtuoso use of rhythm and rhyme, and Dodd’s gentle but energetic watercolour illustrations depict characters that are as well loved as they are mischievous.
• Tap the language button to view the new “Australian sign language” feature.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Touch-to-Hear™ individual words spoken.
• Touch-to-Spell™ to hear the letters that spell each and every word.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Paint mode can be used on each story page!
• Paint has a paint palette, brush width, move and zoom, and undo abilities!
• Tap the paint palette icon and tap a color to change the paint color!
• Tap the brush palette icon and change the slider to change the brush size!
This QBook includes the narration, text, and user interface in this language:
UK English narrated by David Tennant (Dr Who)
AUSLAN (Australian Sign) signed by Alex Jones
ASL (American Sign) signed by Alex Jones
Updated: Dec 15, 2012
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
We have a Rafflecopter giveaway until March 2, 2013