Appy Chat & Giveaway
When did you decide to develop this app?
We wanted to develop a series of apps that help children learn to read, so this fourth app helps children master rhyming sounds.
When did you first release this app?
May 2, 2012
How long did it take you to develop this app?
What is your favourite feature?
The app is easy and fun to navigate for children and visually engaging with auditory help.
What is your favourite page in the app?
It’s fun for kids to play a short “Match Game” after completion of all levels.
What skills were you hoping to help the end user to develop?
“Rhyme Sorts” HD for iPad helps develop auditory discrimination by matching rhyme sounds. In this fun educational game, the child tries to match the rhyming pair of pictures and audio to the rhyme images shown on top and bottom. At any time, the child can tap the picture to hear what the rhyme word sounds like. These skills and strategies are drawn from the Reading Recovery program and Silvana’s 25 years of experience in working with young school age children.
What age range would this app most suit?
What are the recommended apps in this developmental reading series?
The next recommended app after “Rhyme Sorts” would be “Word Family Sorts”. Coming soon will be “CVC Sorts1” and “CVC Sorts2” in May, 2013.
“Rhyme Sorts” HD for iPad helps develop auditory discrimination by matching rhyme sounds. In this fun educational game, the child tries to match the rhyming pair of pictures and audio to the rhyme images shown on top and bottom. At any time, the child can tap the picture to hear what the rhyme word sounds like.
* Developed by a kindergarten teacher and reading specialist.
* Easy to learn educational game for children ages 3-6.
* Game helps children develop rhyming skills.
* Child will match rhyming picture sounds.
* Child gains confidence in matching words that rhyme.
* Helps adult English language learners with rhyme skills.
* All game play levels are saved so you can easily resume play.
* Create up to ten user names in menu.
* User names can be deleted at any time.
* Game for iPad, because of larger screen.
* Independent fun activity for kids to learn & play!
Released: May 02, 2012
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later
Giveaway until May 20, 2013: